A superb opportunity exists to work within one of our Care Homes, which offer exceptional standards of care, making the homes a great working environment for qualified nurses.
The role includes delivering clinical excellence in a professional manner through direct Nursing care whilst effective leading and supervising a small care team. With a kind caring approach, the successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with Residents, relatives and colleagues. The successful candidate can look forward to an excellent rate of pay, dependant on experience.
You will be responsible for the administering of prescribed medicines in accordance with company’s and NMC guidelines, assessing all aspects of each Resident’s care needs, whilst maintaining accurate records and ensuring that each Resident has an individualised care plan.
Who we are
Prestwood Care Homes provides expert nursing and residential care to a large number of clients throughout our care homes and home care units. We employ in excess of 200 people and are an Investors in People company.
Our purpose is to be “The First Choice for those looking for high quality care. We aim to provide a happy, safe, well-structured environment, in which clients, their families and staff may live and work together, and where the needs of each are understood and responded to appropriately.”
What you’ll be doing – The Nuts and Bolts
- Taking responsibility for the well-being of our residents, including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met
- Leading, motivating and mentoring your team and delivering clinical guidance to ensure the safe, smooth and efficient running of the care home
- Carrying out assessments and developing, implementing and evaluating individualised care plans for each of our residents
- Monitoring work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to relevant standards, policies and legislation
- Generally promoting our residents’ independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement
What you’ll need
- A demonstrable passion for caring for our elderly clients and a flair for helping people maintain their independence and choice in homely surroundings
- A proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team, delegate effectively and promote excellent customer relationships
- A genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and belief in giving your personal best at all times
What we’ll offer you in return
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Competitive remuneration, equal to agency rates, dependant on experience
- Access to a marketing leading pension scheme
- Delightful working environment
- Subsidised meals
- Uniform provided
The nature of the work is variable and we have a varied number of hours a week from one shift to numerous shifts either days or nights, dependant on theirs and the company’s needs.
In the first instance we suggest contacting us to discuss your potential availability, please contact Jayne Tatler, Director of Nursing email@example.com or call on 01384 877440
Click here to view our GDPR compliance policy.